Bitcoin (比特币 bǐ tè bì) is a decentralized digital cryptocurrency with its implementation released as open-source software.
Part 1: Breakdown of Words
- “比特” (bǐ tè) is the transliteration of the term “bit”.
- “币“ (bì) as in “coin” (硬币 yìng bì), “currency” (货币 huò bì), or “token” (代币 dài bì). Coin (硬币 yìng bì; 硬, hard; 币, currency) refers to a small, flat round piece made of metal or plastic which is used mainly as a medium of exchange or legal tender.
Part 2: Examples
- Bitcoin wallet (比特币钱包 bǐ tè bì qián bāo).
- Bitcoin mining (比特币挖矿 bǐ tè bì wā kuàng).
- Bitcoin ETF (比特币交易所交易基金 bǐ tè bì jiāo yì suǒ jī jīn).