A currency exchange (货币兑换 huò bì duì huàn) is a business that is legal to convert/exchange (兑换 duì huàn) a currency (货币 huò bì) which its customers currently hold for another currency. There also exist black-market currency exchanges.
Part 1: Breakdown of Words
- “Currency” (货币 huò bì) as in “electronic currency” (电子货币 diàn zǐ huò bì) or “legal tender” (法定货币 fǎ dìng huò bì).
- “Exchange” (兑换 duì huàn) as in “exchange rate” (汇率 huì lǜ).
Part 2: Examples
- Currency conversion rate (兑换率 duì huàn lǜ) or exchange rate (汇率 huì lǜ).
- Exchange rate parity (平价 píng jià).
- RMB exchange rate (人民币汇价 rén mín bì huì jià).